Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Poor Ole Bernie - Aw Shucks

Turns out his "aw shucks" and blame game didn't work. I guess now Bernie'll blame his lawyer, or the judge, or the......

Guilty on all counts. Counts include: one count of conspiracy, one count of securities fraud and seven counts of false regulatory filings.

Let's all remember, shall we, Bernie's remarks shortly after everything collapsed and finger after finger started pointing his way:

“I just want you to know you aren’t going to church with a crook,” he began. “I don’t know what all is going to happen or what mistakes have been made. No one will find me to knowingly have committed fraud. More than anything else, I hope that my witness for Jesus Christ will not be jeopardized.”

Jesus to Bernie: You can't cease witnessing now, thank you.

Here's a sorta inside perspective from a former WorldCom employee.

Finally, for a good review, the Clarion-Ledger's excellent trial archive is here.

No comments: